Tuesday 26 January 2016

The Backstage Boy - Project


Take your place under the spotlights
I'll stay here far behind
In my hole, there are no stars, there are no fights
You'll get the flowers and the applause
I'll get my scars for you to shine
I did all my dirty work for your minutes of fame
I was the one who wasted the time
You were the one who just wait to step on
It is unfair I know, but what can I do if everything is upside-down
I should have got the merit, yet, I only kept the slum and damp
Sometimes I ask myself, should I just leave or should I burn you to the ground
Should I steal your glitter and spread it all around
Should I melt your waxed figure or should I spike my eyes forever
Forever I will stay in my hole or tomorrow I'll take place on my stage.
You tell me. You are the one who decides and the one who did wrong.

by JR Villar in "The Backstage Boy"

No comments: