Saturday 12 March 2016

THE SIMPSONS - The Russians are Comming (Part III)

Today I leave you with the second part of a speculative episode that I wrote for the Simpsons.
First part can be found here.
Second part can be found here.
 NOTE: This is not official and was just an exercise to Nickelodeon. All the rights of the Characters to Matt Groening



INT SPRINGFIELD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY NIGHT

BART is still sat on the floor. Very bored and sad. MILHOUSE is sat on the lap of VLADIMIR PUTIN who is reading a school book.


VLADIMIR PUTIN
...and that’s why we built the wall.
To protect us from the wild animals.
We built rockets too!

MILHOUSE
Wow! That was amazing!

BART
Are you going to listen to him Milhouse?!
He’s just lying.

MILHOUSE
Oh be quiet Bart!
Just enjoy the opportunity to learn!

VLADIMIR PUTIN (Fake paternalism)
With me, you’ll have that chance
every time you want.
No holidays at all!
Just studying and working,
for the rest of your life!

BART
Oh man,you are crazy!

MILHOUSE
Don’t be a spoiler Bart.
This guy is awesome!
You’re just like that
because I have a new friend!
You are jealous!

BART
No I’m not!
He just trying to convince you!
Look at his grin...

A RUSSIAN SOLDIER passes and gives an injection shot on BART’s back putting him instantly sleeping.

VLADIMIR PUTIN
Oh, poor child is so tired.
Now you Mill, you should go to sleep too.
Tomorrow will be a long day! (evil giggle)
a very long day!(large evil laugh) Muahahahaaaa!

MILHOUSE
Oh you can laugh!

VLADIMIR PUTIN
Can I? Oh I just get distracted.


INT SIMPSONS’ HOME LISA’S ROOM NIGHT

LISA is with MALIA sat on the bed. NATASHA is holding and playing with MAGGIE. All the girls are in pajamas ready to sleep.

LISA
I’m really happy to have a new friend
but I’m worried about Bart...

MALIA
Don’t be worried.
Daddy said he is OK
and he’s going to take care of your brother.

LISA
How does he know?

MALIA
Well he knows everything...
Doesn’t he Reginald?

LISA
Reginald?!

REGINALD a CIA agent slides from under the bed. He has sunglasses and earphones just like all the security guys.

REGINALD
Well...

MALIA
You can leave now.
I’m having a conversation
with my best friend here.

REGINALD
Sure miss. (to the headset)
Code 56... Dove released.

REGINALD approaches the window, pulls his gun, sneaks the window just like a secret agent, opens the window and jumps out. We hear a stomp and a scream.

REGINALD (O.S.)
Ouch!... I’m ok! I’m Ok!

MARGE and MICHELLE OBAMA enter the room.

MARGE
Girls it’s time for bed now.

MICHELLE OBAMA
Don’t forget your prayers.

MALIA
Mum, can I just say the first five tonight?

MICHELLE OBAMA sighs.

MALIA
Please mum...

MICHELLE OBAMA
OK. But just tonight.
Come on Natasha, come with me.

MARGE grabs MAGGIE and MICHELLE OBAMA holds NATASHA’s hand and they leave the room. MALIA kneels and starts to pray.

MALIA
Section one.
All legislative Powers herein granted
shall be vested in a Congress of the United States...

LISA
I thought it was the Ten Commandments...

MALIA
Of course not.
We pray to the Constitution.
(sighs and goes back to pray)
...which shall consist of a Senate
and House of Representatives.

EXT SPRINGFIELD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DAY

Morning is broken. There is barbwire surrounding the elementary school and a couple of tanks and other military paraphernalia. Starts Patton’s Main Tune. HOMER walks alone in the road, is wearing a classic American uniform. Finally stops. Low-angle, close shot with the red stripes of the American flag behind him. When the angle opens it reveals a Duff beer advertising outdoor. Patton’s main tune stops. VLADIMIR PUTIN comes from the Elementary school. HOMER and VLADIMIR PUTIN come face to face.

HOMER
Erm... (picks a paper from his pocket and starts to read)
Two packs of rice, three bottles of milk...

VLADIMIR PUTIN
What?

HOMER
Doh!... shopping list.
(picks another paper from his pocket and reads)
We demand an urgent meeting...
erm... in a neutral zone...
erm... to discuss the release of my son
and other people... erm and watch the Superbowl together...

VLADIMIR PUTIN
Superbowl?!

HOMER
Well I just wanted to add a personal touch...

VLADIMIR PUTIN
Why should I accept that?!

HOMER
Because the Superbowl is great!
And we can have some drinks too.

VLADIMIR PUTIN
Done!

HOMER
I pick the place.


INT MOE’S TAVERN DAY

MOE is at the door blocking the entrance to HOMER, VLADIMIR PUTIN, BARAK OBAMA and some CIA and RUSSIAN SOLDIERS.

HOMER
Come on Moe... I’m a regular!

MOE No way Jose!
Today is quiz time.
I have questions to do...
and maybe, just maybe
I can spit in some glasses.

VLADIMIR PUTIN
Hey mister... I can tell you
I’m going to put down some vodka bottles.

MOE
I don’t care if you are going to drink vodka or bleach.
Quiz day is sacred!

BARAK OBAMA
Excuse me, just let me try to speak with this gentleman.

LOUIS ARMSTRONG appears at the door starting playing "Hail to the chief".

BARAK OBAMA
Not now Louis!

LOUIS ARMSTRONG
oh...

LOUIS ARMSTRONG leaves very sad.

BARAK OBAMA
Mr...

MOE
Moe.

BARAK OBAMA
Yes whatever...
We are trying to protect you.

Starts the patriotic tune which goes in crescendo in the background. The lights dim, and a spotlight surrounds BARAK OBAMA.

BARAK OBAMA (CONT)
...We can work hard everyday
to support our fellow citizens and your customers.
We can provide beer, peanuts and salt and pepper crisps!

MOE
Stop please... you are making me cry.

The patriotic tune stops abruptly, the spotlight disappears and the lights go back to normal.

BARAK OBAMA
So... can we have a nice talk in your tavern?

MOE (EUPHORIC)
Yes we can!

Everybody cheers and shouts celebrating. Blue, red and white confetti falls from the ceiling. MOE turns angry.

MOE
No confetti! No confetti!
Oh damn it... Where is my broom?


No comments: